ISBL has included a “Youth Program” this year (2014) and is lead by Azmera Hammouri-Davis, Program Director. Workshops have been held at the following schools below and we are reaching many others.
ISBL’s goal is to reach our youth through workshops and seminars in local schools to reinforce the importance of building a stronger and unified community. ISBL’s emphasis is on academia, self-awareness, social acceptance and tolerance, character building, leadership development and cultural and artistic enrichment. These workshops are led by Melissa Shepherd (Psychotherapist and Professor), and Juanita Palacios-Sims (ISBL Founder and Youth Mentor) and includes other ISBL members.
- A-MAN, Inc. STEM
- Alliance Pattu & Peter Neuwirth Leadership
- Cal-State Northridge, Millennium Momentum Organization
- Centennial High School
Inglewood High School
Junipero Serra High School
- Lancaster High School
- Pasadena City College, Adenlante
- Rancho Dominguez Preparatory School
- Santa Monica Jr. College
- San Bernardino Valley College – GEM Program
- University of California, Los Angeles (African and African-American Studies)
- University of Southern California (Summer STEM program)